Obesity is one of the most common chronic diseases in the world.
It is a complex health condition which deals with excess body fats. It is not just a cosmetic problem for most people, but also a medical problem.
If left untreated, this health condition can increase medical risks such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and other types of cancer. There are many factors why some people find it hard to avoid obesity. Aside from medical risks, there are physical issues that you will experience because of obesity.
Some people lose their self-confidence due to a critical body figure. They often feel like they are not fit anymore. There are some cases that they feel down when they can’t wear the clothes they want.
Before you completely lose your self-confidence, there are medical treatments that you can rely on. Bariatric surgery is performed to help you lose weight by changing some functions on your digestive system.
What are the alternatives to weight loss surgery?
But some people are afraid of surgical procedures. They often prefer less invasive and cheaper treatments that are affordable for them. There are weight loss procedures without surgery to help them dissolve unwanted fats and tighten their skin.
|Table of Contents|
1. What is Gastric Botox?
Risks and Complications
2. What is a Gastric Balloon?
Risks and Complications
3. Can I lose weight without surgery?
4. What is the least invasive weight-loss surgery?
5. Where to have the best non-surgical weight-loss treatments?
What is Gastric Botox?
Botox is usually used to get rid of wrinkles, cure chronic migraines, or eliminate excessive sweating. But because of the advanced technology, botox became a conventional treatment for obesity.
Gastric Botox is known as the Stomach Botox or Gastric Injection. It is a type of non-surgical weight-loss treatment by the use of endoscopy. With the help of Gastric botox, you can speed up your weight loss process. It temporarily relaxes your stomach muscles, which results in less muscle contraction.
This non-surgical weight-loss treatment is considered pure, but it is very systematic.
Before your surgery, you should meet your surgeon, who will make physical examinations, stomach endoscopy, and various lab tests. It is also expected that your doctor will check your medical history from your previous medical problems, surgeries, and medications.
You must listen and understand every detail, risk, and complication of the procedure. If you are qualified to undergo Gastric botox, your surgeon will ask you to follow the instructions in preparing yourself for the process.
- Your surgeon might use an oral spray to reduce the uncomfortable feeling throughout the process.
- A laparoscope will be inserted from your mouth to your stomach. Laparoscopy is a procedure done in the abdomen by using small incisions with the help of a camera. There is a needle filled with Botox at the end of the laparoscopy.
- Once it is inside, your surgeon will inject the Botox on specific areas of your stomach. It will make your stomach muscles relax temporarily.
- After that, your surgeon will insert Botox on the central nerve of your stomach to control your hunger and satiety. It will create a feeling of fullness quickly and longer and tend for you to eat less.
- When the procedure is done, you will experience discomfort in your throat. It is expected that you will feel tired, uncomfortable, and tired after a few days.
Gastric Botox does not apply to all obese patients. Those people who suffer from extreme weight gain are not qualified to undergo this procedure. But, it is appropriate for patients who experience minimal excess weight or those with poor appetite. It is very reasonable to have once the healthy lifestyle that they follow doesn’t work at all.
Risks and Complications
This process also has side effects such as nausea, fever, and vomiting. It is a rare case when bleeding is evident. This is a safe procedure, but Gastric Botox can cause severe complications like weakening of the muscles, double vision, and difficulty in breathing.
There is a possibility that Botox can spread to the other parts of your body. This happens only and if you will engage with the untrustworthy or unskilled surgeon.
What is a Gastric Balloon?
The gastric balloon is another type of non-surgical weight-loss treatment, known as the intragastric balloon. It is a soft silicone balloon that is inserted in your stomach temporarily. This is to partially fill your stomach to create a feeling of fullness after eating small food.
This process takes space in your stomach. As a result, you tend to eat less because you feel full quickly. You can easily lose weight, and your body gets used to a small food amount. The significant benefit of a Gastric balloon is adapting your body to a new food diet.
Once the Gastric balloon is removed, you must develop long term new healthy eating habits. Weight loss can also help you to reduce your risk of having obesity-related health problems such as Type 2 Diabetes.
- The gastric balloon usually takes 15 minutes. It is done in an outpatient facility with the use of light anesthesia.
- Your surgeon will put a deflated gastric balloon from your mouth to your stomach using an endoscope. It is an instrument with a thin and flexible tube with a light and camera at the end.
- When the balloon is already in your stomach, it is filled with sterile saline with the use of the small filling tube, called a catheter, which is connected to the balloon.
- After six months, when the gastric balloon deflated, it will be eliminated the same way it is inserted through an endoscope.
- There is a new kind of gastric balloon known as the gastric balloon pill capsule. You just need to swallow it until it reaches the top of your stomach. After that, it will be inflated using a thin tube connected to the balloon. It doesn’t require sedation, but it needs to be eliminated after six months as well.
Just like any other procedure, Gastric balloon also has restrictions on those who want to have it. This process is suitable for patients who:
- Need to lose weight before undergoing surgery. This is to lessen their surgical risk.
- Prefer non-surgical treatment for weight loss.
- Have a BMI of 27 to 35 and ready to have long term changes in your eating habits and lifestyle.
Risks and Complications
You might also encounter gastric balloon risks like gastric discomfort, vomiting, and nausea. Moreover, these side effects should be only for the short-term. These are the possible complications that you might experience:
- Imbalanced feeling
- Heavy feeling in your stomach
- Back pain
- Injury during balloon insertion or elimination
Be sure to communicate with your surgeon once you feel any uneasiness and discomfort after the procedure.
Can I lose weight without surgery?
Some people might be afraid of knives or intensive surgical procedures. You don’t have to worry at all. Non-surgical weight-loss treatments such as Gastric botox and Gastric balloon to provide you the medical treatment you need.
- Non-surgical weight-loss treatments have lower risks than bariatric surgery. There are no incisions or cuts to be done. It also provides a faster healing process—there lower chances of infection and less pain.
- These procedures have more comprehensive coverage for weight-loss cases. It makes it accessible for many patients. Through endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, it helps people with extreme obesity and high body mass index.
- These procedures provide more significant weight loss opportunities for patients. The patient can lose two or three times the weight from a diet and fitness exercise alone.
- It is very suitable for patients who are afraid of cuts and surgical procedures. Because of its natural process and fast recovery time, you can immediately go back to your usual activities.
How much is weight loss surgery?
Weight loss surgery is part of a long journey to a healthy and fit body. Support is one of the fundamental needs of a person to pursue his weight loss routine. When you choose to have weight loss surgery, it is better if you know the prices for each procedure to prepare for it. Weight loss surgery prices usually range from £3,995 to £15,000 in the UK.
|Gastric Band||£5,000 and £8,000|
|Gastric Balloon||£2,000 and £5,000|
|Gastric Bypass||£9,500 and 15,000|
|Gastric Sleeve||£7,000 and £11,000|
|Gastric Band Conversion||£9,000 and £12,000|
What is the least invasive weight-loss surgery?
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty is a new kind of minimal invasive weight-loss surgery. This procedure leads to extreme weight loss. It is considered minimally invasive because there are fewer surgical complications compared to other systems. Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty provides a faster healing process, enabling you to go back to your daily activities.
Bariatric surgery is a safe and effective surgical treatment for those patients with severe obesity. The new weight loss surgery options are here to meet your medical preferences. However, they do have differences that can affect your body differently.
Where to have the best non-surgical weight-loss treatments?
If you are looking for the best place to have non-surgical weight-loss treatments, Reyap Hospital is here to help you. This healthcare institution provides quality stomach botox and a stomach balloon. You can have your 10% off on your first treatment—no need to worry about losing weight. Have your free consultation at Reyap Hospital.
Reyap Hospital in Turkey is a reliable healthcare institution that provides quality healthcare services. They continue to strive for comprehensive education and training activities to enhance their medical staff knowledge and skills. Reyap Hospital also has advanced hotel services to accommodate foreign patients and their relatives.
There are so many ways on how you can lose weight. No matter what procedure you get, self-discipline is the best way to take care of your health. You must follow the instructions and suggestions of your surgeon to avoid further health complications.
Non-surgical weight-loss treatments such as Gastric botox and Gastric balloon are safe and excellent alternatives for those who fear the sharpness of knives and needles. With the help of these treatments, you can eliminate your fats immediately and for good. You can change the shape of your body without worrying about possible discomfort or pain. Go to Reyap Hospital and be with the best medical team.