Overweight and obesity are serious health problems. These conditions may also lead to other diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and other cancers. If you are pregnant, you are more likely to develop short and long term health problems due to obesity.
Obesity is a combination of causes and other factors, such as behavior and genetics. For action, it involves food patterns, physical activities, medications, and social exposure. In genetics, obesity might be in the bloodline or family history, which might affect you in later years of your generation.
This health condition is associated with other poor mental health outcomes, which makes the lower quality of life for the patients. It is also one of the leading causes of death in the US and around the world.
Everyone can be a victim of this health condition. We must be very observant and aware of the foods we eat and the lifestyle that we have. From the health rumors which continue to spread on social media, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is the main subject for this.
Things you should know about the health condition of North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un
Although Kim Jong-un is a well-known leader in North Korea, his lifestyle is just like the ordinary working men out there. He smokes heavily and is very evident over the decades from the photos during those years.
- In one of his meetings on April 18 with the South Korean officials, Chung Eui-Yong suggested to the leader to quit smoking since it is terrible for the health. Besides, his wife named Ri Sol Ju, also stated that she is telling her husband to stop smoking, but he is not obeying her.
- Kim Jong-un also came from a family with a health history of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. In this regard, he has great potential to have severe health conditions. His grandfather, Kim II Sung, and his father, Kim Jong II, both died because of sudden cardiac arrest. Before his father died, Kim Jong II suffered from a stroke three years before he eventually died in December 2011.
- The media compared the younger version of Kim in his early 20s to his today's age around 36 years old. It was found out that he is not just suffering from obesity but morbid obesity. Morbid obesity is when the individual is 100 pounds over his ideal weight. It is also when a person is experiencing other obesity-related health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Because of this morbid obesity and his smoking history, Kim is also suspected of having diabetes, elevated high blood pressure, and elevated cholesterol. Another thing about the health condition of Kim Jong-un is that he has consistent symptoms of focal dystonia. This condition causes involuntary movements. It is evident in the odd posture of his left hand when he is sitting.
From the family history and medical background of Kim Jong-un, it is visible that he develops various health conditions due to obesity and continuous smoking. In a report, it was stated that if Kim doesn't take his health condition seriously, it will be a long-term problem. He needs to make a massive change in his physical condition and lifestyle.
Why hasn't Kim Jong-un been seen in the public recently?
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un hasn't been seen in the public for two weeks. It is a big issue for political leaders. There are speculations that he might be dead or gravely ill because of his health condition. The questions on who will take over his position keep going on.
Kim Jong-un came from a complicated family. His three rumored children are too young to handle such a high position. But one family member who is capable of running over the government is his sister, Kim Yo Jong. She is known to have an influential figure who could take over the leadership in the meantime if this rumor happens to be true.
The rumor about Kim Jong-un's health condition started on April 15. It was the date when he didn't appear in the critical celebration for commemorating the birth of his grandfather, Kim II Sung, and as the founder of North Korea. That particular date is the country's most important holiday.
Moreover, this rumor got intense when news from South Korea released that Kim had heart surgery and recovering in a Villa outside Pyongyang. It came from a single unnamed source inside North Korea.
There was also a report stating that China sent off a team of medical experts to go to North Korea and look after the health of Kim Jong-un. This report wasn't able to specify what development happened to Kim's health, and China didn't respond to give any comments.
Another speculation is the private train of the North Korean leader is seen somewhere in a resort town. It has remained unconfirmed is Kim Jong-un is on the train. According to 38 North, it doesn't mean that the presence of the train will determine the health condition of the leader. But this can be a lead on where he is staying at that specific time.
Experts say that Kim Jong-un is at high risk of obesity and other cardiac health issues
Just as stated earlier, Kim's family is known to have a cardiovascular health history. In this regard, it is expected that there would be a basis for Kim Jong-un's poor health. Another thing is that his unhealthy lifestyle adds up to his risk of having cardiac issues.
Obesity is a common health condition when an individual has a high percentage of fat in the body. A body mass index or BMI of 30 or higher is an indication of obesity. The best ways to prevent obesity are engaging in physical activities and a healthy diet.
- You should take less lousy fat and consume more good fat. Not all fats are bad. A study showed that healthy dietary fats such as polyunsaturated fats could reduce your risk of having obesity.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits to have reasonable calories and lessen your risk of overeating.
- Engage in regular fitness exercises. Having a physical activity on your schedule is very important to reduce the risk of having obesity.
- Manage to reduce your daily stress. Stress can significantly affect your mind and body. It was found out that stress triggers the brain to eat so much, leading to obesity.
These are some of the things that the lifestyle of Kim Jong-un lacks. His lifestyle consisted of alcohol when their family chef spilled that Kim consumed two bottles of wine on a dinner. Alcohol increases the risk of having heart disease and stroke. Just to make it clear that Kim is also favorable for having obesity, it is indeed an unfortunate health habit.
It seems that Kim Jong-un is not learning from the history of his family. Both of his father and grandfather are overweight and suffered their lives from a heart attack. But it seems like this reality hasn't absorbed by Kim to change his ways and save himself from the passed down health conditions of their family.
Is there a surgical treatment for obesity?
Aside from the natural remedies for obesity, such as regular exercise and a healthy diet, surgical procedure is also possible. Bariatric surgery involves several methods to help you lose weight by having modifications to your digestive system. It is an excellent choice to have if you are experiencing extreme obesity, and the natural remedies and medications don't work at all for you.
Bariatric surgery can also be an alternative solution if you have health conditions like Type 2 Diabetes, sleep apnea, or any obesity-related health conditions. Some types of bariatric surgery make the stomach smaller and allow you to eat less at a time feeling full sooner.
If you are looking for the best place to have your consultation and procedure for bariatric surgery, Reyap Hospital is here for you. It is a reliable healthcare institution that provides quality healthcare services for patients. They continue to strive for comprehensive education and training activities to enhance the knowledge and skills of their medical staff.
Bariatric surgery in Reyap Hospital comes with a high-quality standard to meet your expectations. They have advanced hotel services and technological equipment in performing the surgery. This surgery is widespread worldwide. Moreover, many patients are considering bariatric surgery abroad. Turkey provides low-cost procedures; hence many patients are visiting the country.
Reyap Hospital in Turkey is one of the best clinics that you can rely on. If you have an unfortunate health habit, make a move to change as early as now. No one can help you unless you take a step in reaching out for the medical assistance that you need.
Always look after your health. It is your best asset that you can use to make your life better and to live better. When you are healthy, you can be productive and efficient. Kim Jong-un's health condition is an eye-opener that no matter how busy you are or in what family you belong in, you should take care of yourself in the best way that you can.