On International Mother's Day, we pay tribute to the first home known by every human being, and we thank millions of women for relentlessly taking care of their families and making life —in all its glory— possible.
But all that effort and dedication is not only praiseworthy; it also comes along with the inevitable changes that the female body experiences during and after the gestational process, aka motherhood's "battle scars."
Each woman is a unique collection of attributes, and variety is the spice of life, which is why each pregnancy —along with its scars and side effects— is a very personal experience.
Many women are proud of their stretch marks and extra pounds, but many others suffer from severe self-esteem and depression issues related to their physical transformation. In these cases, the support of the loved ones plays a crucial role in the mother's full recovery; while happy to have her baby, she needs to take care of her appearance and self-esteem.
So, what better way to show your support than to treat her with cosmetic surgery? These procedures guarantee the correction of certain aesthetic features that cannot be solved by diet and exercise, along with the recovery of the mother's self-confidence.
Depending on every mother's weight gain process, her eating habits, and how sedentary her routines are, these are the body areas where excess fat and sagging skin are commonly seen: the abdomen, arms, inner thighs, breasts, buttocks, and face.
On that basis, we present you with the 10 best options for cosmetic plastic surgery to treat moms, because you know they deserve all the things that make them happy.
A forehead lift or brow rejuvenation is a treatment that uses incisions to reduce the folds and expression lines located on the forehead and brow, as well as the saggy skin around the eyes.
Among the many positive factors of this specific cosmetic procedure are:
- Recovery of a youthful and arched appearance for the eyebrows.
- Reduction of "crow's feet" around the eyes.
- Elimination of "droopy eyelids", that loose baggy eyelid skin.
- Minimization of horizontal and vertical creases between the eyebrows and along the forehead.
Also known as face-lift or rhytidectomy, this surgery improves the face appearance by tightening the skin and removing sagging and fatty tissue on the cheeks, jaw and mouth, to reshape them and obtaining a more sculpted profile.
The benefits of this treatment are:
- It defines and reshapes facial features.
- It smooths out the expression lines between the nose and the corners of the mouth.
- It eliminates excess jowls, also known as a double chin or "turkey neck."
Also known as mastopexy, this is a procedure that lifts the breast's position by reducing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and strengthen the breast's support.
The female figure is revitalized and renewed by means of a firmer breast profile and outline. Other benefits include:
- A more attractive look for the breasts.
- Improvement of nipple projection.
- Removal of the irritation on soring area under sagging breasts.
- All kinds of adjusted garments are now allowed and pulled off.
- Prevents bouncing of breasts during workouts.
After altering the shape of the breast, the position of the nipple is prone to change as well, which can be potentially problematic. In a similar way, some women may experience complications due to naturally elongated, deformed, asymmetric, or inverted nipples.
In both cases, the most recommended option is corrective nipple surgery, which may include reduction of the areolas or of the nipple itself, to correct its shape. The benefits of this procedure are as follows:
- Enhancement of self-esteem.
- Improved sex life, as the patient feels more confident about her appearance.
- Breastfeeding is better and more comfortable, especially when the inverted nipple has been corrected.
Also known as Brachioplasty, this cosmetic plastic surgery intends to reshape the portion in the upper arms (from armpit to elbow) by reducing excess sagging skin, removing fat and tightening support tissue to improve the contours of the arms.
The arm lift is especially beneficial because:
- It helps to reduce the well-known "skin flaps" that negatively impact the appearance of women, hamper various daily tasks, and pose the potential risk of mycosis.
- It makes the arms proportional compared to the rest of the torso.
- It enhances the tone of the arms tissues and muscles.
- It helps to raise self-esteem and self-confidence levels.
6.Mommy Makeover complete package.
This term refers to a change of image for mothers, and it usually includes a personalized set of treatments such as tummy tuck or abdominoplasty, breast enlargement or lift, liposuction, butt enlargement, and genital rejuvenation.
The purpose of this package is to return the mother to her pre-pregnancy appearance or make her look even better. It is a reasonably comprehensive choice that helps patients:
- Improving their level of self-confidence.
- Feeling comfortable in any tight clothing and swimsuits.
- Being fully satisfied with their bodies at all times.
- Correcting breast sagging, shape, and asymmetry.
- Repairing strained muscles by re-joining them.
- Correcting the nipples shape and position.
Also known as abdominoplasty, the excess of lax and fatty tissue is reduced through this procedure to reconstruct the abdominal wall. It also includes muscle tightening to reshape the stomach, waist and overall torso section.
This procedure is extremely beneficial to health, as it succeeds in:
- Improving body posture and muscular tone.
- Facilitating weight loss and its later management.
- Healing stress urinary incontinence.
- Correcting hernias.
This cosmetic surgery combines several treatments performed on the external female genitals, such as:
- Vaginoplasty, an intervention intended to narrow the vagina by joining back its muscles and removing portions of the vaginal mucosa.
- Labiaplasty is the most commonly performed vaginal rejuvenation procedure in which labia minora and/or majora are reduced.
- Vulvaplasty, or reshaping of the vulva.
- Perineoplasty, which refers to the plastic surgery procedures used to correct vaginal and anal disorders.
This set of procedures seeks to reinforce the tone and strength of the vaginal muscles, thus improving the appearance of female genitalia and offer additional benefits, such as:
- Enhancing sexual performance.
- Restoring damage resulting from childbirth, over weight and/or inadequate sexual penetration.
- Correction of labia asymmetry.
- Reduction of labia to prevent them from twist, tug, or slipping out of lingerie and bathing suits.
9.Buttock lift or stretching.
A gluteal lift is a surgery especially designed to improve the shape of the buttocks and restore elasticity to their support tissue to create a firmer and more attractive appearance. Benefits include:
- Tight, smooth, and cellulite-free surface.
- Improvement of body posture.
- A better proportionality of the figure.
- Enhancement of contour shape.
Similarly, a thighplasty consists of reducing excess skin and fat with the final goal of remodeling the thighs and adding a more attractive appearance to the lower part of the body. As a result, you get:
- Smoother skin and shapely thighs.
- Elimination of "skin flaps" on the inner thighs for better motion.
- Reduced stretch marks.
- Removal of the creases that irritate due to inner thighs friction.
- Reduced excess skin and, therefore, risk of infection.
- Potential cellulite reduction.