There are some cases that childbirth and weight gain results in unfavorable changes in the body. Loose, saggy skin and excess fat are some of the unattractive effects of this event in your life. Moreover, it limits you to your full potential. You might feel a bit conscious about your figure.
Surely, you don't want to hinder your skills and capabilities by these physical changes. A tummy tuck surgery is a solution to restore your body figure after pregnancy. Abdominoplasty also helps the patients to get rid of excess skin from extreme weight loss in a short period.
What is a tummy tuck surgery?
This cosmetic surgery involves eliminating the excess loose skin, fats, and stretch marks. It also tightens the abdominal muscles. The goal of this procedure is to make a slimmer appearance of your tummy, which can't be provided by fitness exercise or food diet. The reasons for having loose abdominal skin are pregnancy or tremendous weight loss.
Tummy tuck surgery is way different from liposuction. But, you can also have liposuction together with a tummy tuck. On the other hand, liposuction deals with eliminating fats from specific parts of the body, such as hips, thighs, butt, arms, neck, and also abdomen. Liposuction enhances the shape of these areas.
Who is suitable to have a tummy tuck?
This procedure applies to those patients who are in good health condition. Those females who have experienced several pregnancies might find tummy tuck an effective method to bring back their youthful appearance. It is also the right choice for those people who once had a considerable weight loss.
On the other hand, if you are a woman who still plans to get pregnant, then a tummy tuck is not yet suitable for you. Make sure that you are done having plans of giving birth before your proceed to a tummy tuck. In this procedure, you are about to tighten your vertical muscles, and future pregnancies might separate those muscles.
What procedures involve a tummy tuck surgery?
The first thing to do before you have your tummy tuck is to find a surgeon to have your consultations. As you have your appointment with your surgeon, you can ask questions regarding your tummy tuck procedure. There are two types of abdominoplasty. Both of these types are performed under the use of general anesthetic.
- The first one is the partial abdominoplasty. This involves a large incision across your lower tummy. It separates the skin from your abdominal wall just right below your belly button. It also aims to eliminate the excess fat and skin in your abdomen. After that, your surgeon will pull together the remaining surface of your stomach and stitch the cut in place.
- Another one is the full or whole abdominoplasty. It consists of creating a large incision on the lower portion of your tummy from hip to hip and above the pubic area. There would be a second incision to get rid of the tissue surrounding the belly button. This process separates the skin from your abdominal wall and realigns the abdominal muscles.
Full abdominoplasty also removes excess fat and skin. It cuts a new hole on the belly button and stitches the parts back into place. Tummy tuck procedure might take 2 and 5 hours. Some patients might need to stay in the hospital for a few nights after the procedure.
What are the possible risks and complications of a tummy tuck?
The decision to have surgery such as a tummy tuck procedure is a severe and personal choice. You should know the possible risks and complications of this procedure. Here are some of them that you should clearly understand.
- Anesthesia Risks
- Poor Wound Healing
- Skin loss
As expected, you will experience pain and swelling after the surgery. Your surgeon will probably give you the painkiller that you need and instruct you on how to use it. There will also be soreness, which might last for weeks or months.
What are the aftercare actions that you can do after a tummy tuck?
As you have your tummy tuck recovery, there are some things that you need to understand. It will take you about four to 6 weeks without doing exercise and workloads. You will see the full effects and full recovery of tummy tuck after six weeks.
After the procedure, you will feel difficulty in standing up straight. You will also have bruises, pain, and numbness in your tummy for several months or years. There will also be temporary swelling above the tummy tuck scars from the surgery. You will even notice red and raised scars for the first six weeks, but it will eventually fade away.
Tummy tuck surgery works on reshaping your tummy. Therefore, it can have a direct impact on your belly button. There is an unintended side effect resulting in modifying the looks of your belly button. On the other hand, the patient can request a change on their belly button for different reasons.
There are instances that mothers with their innie belly button turn out to be an outie during pregnancy. Besides, when a person loses a lot of weight, their belly button becomes slumped. You can talk this over with your surgeon to choose what works best for you. Whatever your reasons are for changing your belly button, a tummy tuck procedure can provide you a satisfying result.
You should take good care of yourself after the surgery. You'll want to be healthy as possible during recovery. Give yourself a comfortable space where you can rest and meet your aftercare needs. Allow yourself to have a complete rest, and do not push yourself to do anything unless you are ready.
Drink plenty of water to eliminate the body toxins and reduce swelling of the bruises. Always make sure that you have a healthy food diet. Include fresh fruits and vegetables on your list.
- Have Vitamin A and c supplements
- Green tea for boosting the immune system and antioxidant levels
- Probiotic supplements
- Pineapple and papaya in reducing inflammation and bloating
What are the FAQs of a tummy tuck surgery?
Patients ask questions to their surgeons regarding the nature of the tummy tuck procedure. Here are some of the frequently asked questions by the patients.
- Will there be pain after the procedure? After the surgery, you will experience minimal to moderate uneasiness after abdominoplasty. But there are ways on how to overcome these discomforts.
- Is it fine to have a tummy tuck surgery before having kids? It is recommended that tummy tuck is suitable only until a woman is done having children before the surgery. This could help to prevent complications on the body during pregnancy if you wish to have a tummy tuck.
- What is the difference between a partial and full tummy tuck? Both of these two procedures consist of tightening the abdominal muscles and elimination of excess skin. The full tummy tuck is performed to rejuvenate both below and above the belly button. On the other hand, the partial tummy tuck focused on the lower part of the abdomen just below the belly button.
- Does tummy tuck have long-lasting results? Yes. You must maintain a stable weight over time. Abdominoplasty is a one-time procedure. It is not necessary to be repeated. The skin ages as the days pass by, but it never gets back to its loose appearance.
- Will a tummy tuck procedure help my stretch marks? Yes. But, it depends on where the stretch marks are located. A whole tummy tuck eliminates most of the skin on the lower abdomen. Any stretch marks on this part will be removed together with the loose skin. The restriction is that stretch marks outside of that zone can't be removed.
How much will it cost you to have your tummy tuck?
If you want to make your tummy slimmer than before, you might want to consider having a tummy tuck procedure. But before that, you should know its cost and your probable expenses so that you will be able to prepare yourself for your surgery. There can also be a choice of having a tummy tuck abroad.
A tummy tuck surgery will cost you about £4,500 to £6,000 to enjoy an abdominoplasty together with the consultations and follow-up procedures after the surgery. In Turkey, you will be able to have a low-cost tummy tuck procedure compared to that of European services.
These prices are in figures of Pounds and involve consultations with your surgeon, interventions, anesthetics, hospital fees, medications, and post-operative check-ups. You can rely on these prices if you want to visit Turkey for medical tourism, such as tummy tuck surgery. Tummy tuck cost in Turkey is a lot cheaper than in the UK. That is the reason why many patients often choose to travel to Turkey for their surgery.
What are the benefits of having a tummy tuck surgery in Turkey?
There are so many good things that you will benefit from tummy tuck surgery. This type of surgery does not just focus on its cosmetic purposes but also for medical benefits.
- After a tummy tuck procedure, it can reduce stress on the urinary incontinence. It dramatically affects women who just gave vaginal birth. Those women usually experience uncontrollable leakage on their bladder. It occurs mainly when sneezing, coughing, or laughing.
- With the help of tummy tuck, hernias can be corrected in the way of reducing the chances of this health condition from occurring again. You can easily manage your weight loss. Bariatric patients maintain their weight loss after the surgery. Therefore, tummy tuck helps them to increase their tolerance for exercise since they are regaining 4 pounds per year.
- You will also have better posture and an enhanced abdominal tone. Since tummy tuck works on tightening the muscles of the abdomen, patients experience enhancement on their body posture, making them more attractive. It can also relieve some forms of back pain, which can make the individual more productive and have a better living.
If you are looking for a quality tummy tuck procedure, you might as well look for the best medical clinic. Turkey is one of the leading countries for medical tourism. This country is emerging as the best place for various services for medical procedures. Turkey has a high number of accredited medical hospitals offering different surgical procedures such as eye surgery, obesity surgery, plastic and cosmetic surgery, and hair transplantations.
Reyap Hospital in Turkey is a reliable healthcare institution that aims to provide qualified healthcare services for their patients. They continue to strive for comprehensive education and training activities to improve the knowledge and skills of their medical staff. This healthcare institution also has advanced hotel services for the comfort of their local and foreign patients.
Tummy tuck Turkey is one of the various surgical procedures that Reyap Hospital in Turkey offers. By the use of their technological equipment, they perform medical services with creativity and efficiency. This healthcare institution provides better quality medical treatments for lower costs compared to those of UK services.
Many people are visiting Turkey for their cost, quality, waiting period, appointments, and equipped facilities in the healthcare system. Health is essential to each of us. Many instances will make us uncomfortable with our physical appearance. That is why surgical procedures are here to treat your insecurities. Advanced technology makes it easier and convenient for the patients as well as the doctors to work together for the systems.
Tummy tuck procedure is beneficial when improving the physical appearance of the individual. There are also medical benefits that will make the life of the person more meaningful and productive. You must make sure that you will follow the instructions of your surgeon to come up with your desired outcomes.